Monday, November 1, 2010

Gentlemen, start your shavers! On your marks, get-set, MO!

Today is Movember 1st - time to get clean shaven (no cheating), and begin documenting your mustache's growth! 

I sent my long blog about Movember last week (in case you have no idea what this MOvember is that I am referring to), but today is THE DAY – the day to sack-up fellas!  Those of you that were on the fence about participating, need to get off it and join the fun, look like a stud and be a do-gooder!   

1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime!  1 in 6!  Get involved and experience the euphoria of giving back!  While I want you to grow a mustache or join a team, if you just can’t swing it, you can still attend the fun events and help fundraise!
There are a bunch of fundraising events coming-up that are TBD as Mo Bros and Mo Sistas secure the final details of their events, but in the meantime, these two are shaping-up to be badass!
What do you get when you mix infused vodka, with moustache themed shots, the Moustache Hall of Fame and Week One Mo Growth?  The Best FN Moustache Party EVER!  Join Team Movember NY for a night of revelry to change the Face of Men’s Health. 
Music from DJ Sex Johnson.  $10 suggested donation at the door.

520 8th Avenue
8:30 PM to 2:00 AM
Friday, Movember 5th

The MO-lympics (Mid Movember Check in Party):

Support Movember and check out your moustachi-oed competition at the first annual MO-lympics. Featuring ping pong tournaments, suck and blow games, and hula hoop contests.
Only one Mo-bro or Sista will walk away with the gold in each "sport."
Open bar from 10-11 pm.  $15 suggested donation at the door!

48 East 23rd Street
10:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Thursday, Movember 18th

If you don’t feel like participating, but still want to make a contribution, you can do so HERE and we truly appreciate the support!

Mo Bro George has an awesome blog following his Movember challenge (and will be featured on NY1 getting clean shaven).  Check-it out to get Mo-inspired HERE!
Also, Asylum.com  featured Movember (and a certain overcommitted blogger in the video) HERE – Shout out to Mikinzie! 
Mo Bros, there is an awesome new app for your phone, for photo-documenting your ‘stach:  Movember Mo Phone.  It’s free – download it HERE!
Also, Lisa sent our team an update hyping the free Movember, personalized business cards, provided by Moo.com – all you pay for is shipping.  So fun!  I ordered mine today.  My title – Movember-ista!  Get yours HERE
If any of you want more info, want to join our team, have a fundraiser you want me to hype, any fun Mo News, have a blog or mustache-related product – holla!  (Either use “contact me” on the blog here or go to my MoSpace HERE 
Below - captains Keeley and Lisa know how to turn any event (including Halloween) into a Mo Event!

PS – I featured a bunch of fun Mo Gear on my last blog, but MB got me awesome Mustache bandaids!  THANKS Girrllll!

2 comments:

  1. I'm freshly shaven and raring to go! I think I'm still the only one from NJ on Team NYC (but not for lacking of trying to recruit my neighbors), but I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the team on Friday.

    I've got a Facebook fan page going for my Mvember experience: "Kevin's Mo" (http://bit.ly/9r2JVl). I'd love it if I could get some more Likes from my Mo Brothers and Sisters!

    ReplyDelete