Saturday, September 25, 2010

UPDATE on Fall'n for NYC Blog

Hey all,

It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day so I am keeping this short so I can get out and enjoy the day myself (hurray Stone Street Oyster Fest)!

A few things:

The edit option on my blog isn't working for some reason and I made a major boo boo.

The link to RSVP for the free YOUR VEGAS show at Brooklyn Bowl was totally wrong.  Please use THIS link to RSVP.  It should be a totally great show and a super fun night, so you should all try to make it.  I am definitely rolling with friends.



Also, I found a few more things worth mentioning while I was already addressing the error.

This weekend has a ton of festivals going on and so many options for things to do, but a few more food and drink inspired festivals this weekend are:

The New York Apple Day.  If you love apples, this is the place to be on Sunday.

Starting the 26th and running through the 6th of October is the Eat Drink Local Week.  I am excited about this one, ever since seeing Food, Inc. I have been obsessed with local and organic (future blog about this and farmer's markets coming soon).

I mentioned it in the September Issue, but didn't re-mention the NY Craft Beer Week, which has a lot of fun events going on through the 3rd of October.

Saturday the 25th there is a Dumpling Festival on East Houston.  That's right, an entire festival dedicated to dumplings.  Sample international dumpling selections from countries such as Italy, China, Malaysia, and Poland.

For my Brooklyn peeps, the borough's largest Street Festival is this Sunday!  Check out the Atlantic Antic.

The Art in Odd Places festival runs the stretch of 14th Street, October 1-14.  Take a stroll along 14th and find art in random places like mailboxes or windows.

Spa Week is October 11-17 - take advantage of deals and get that stress pressed out of your shoulders!

***
Sorry this one isn't formatted well, but I just wanted to get out the updated and additional information.
Upcoming blogs this month include Tree Peep'n (fall foliage) without renting a car, Farmers Markets, Halloween, Beer Gardens and Oktoberfesting, and of course, Movember!

Have a great weekend in this gorgeous weather!

Beck

***

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of overcommittersanonymous blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service
    ghost mannequin

    ReplyDelete